Are you a runner? You probably have your arsenal of running shoes. Perhaps you have your favorite pair in a variety of colors. You’ve trained and trained, you have your routine. And you don’t let anything stop you from running as often as you can. You define yourself as a runner.
You’ve ran marathons and you have your training routines down pat. You wake up every morning excited about going for a run. Your Instagram account is full of pictures of your favorite places to go running. Or, it may have “candid” shots of you in your favorite running gear.
But, do you have a pair of running recovery sandals? They are a runner’s best friend, especially when injury has happened or for training. These after sport sandals may have never crossed your mind before, but you could be missing out.
There are multiple benefits to using this type of shoe, ranging from better circulation to pain relief. We’ll expand on why these should be in your runner’s kit, but first you should get to know one of the best pairs around.
The PR SOLES Running Recovery Flip Flops are some top-quality sandals for runners who only want the best for their feet. Whether you’ve used these kinds of shoes before or it’s your first time, the PR Soles features are attractive, for sure.
Available in four different colors, these shoes are ideal for both men and women. Do you love a pink sandal that brings out your personality? Or, do you prefer a soft, black pair to combine with your activewear? Fortunately, you have a choice with the PR Soles flip-flops.
These babies have ACUPOINT soles which are highly beneficial in providing comfort for your feet. They essentially massage your feet as you walk in them, improving circulation—which is important to do after working out. While they don’t have special arches for those with plantar fasciitis, the ACUpoint soles are foot-conforming and may provide you with relief.
Their proprietary design allows for a lightweight feel making it easy to walk in them, especially after a long run. Or, when your feet are sore. They are also made out breathable materials that allow for maximum comfort, no matter the weather.
The open design allows for your feet to get some air after your run while the thick straps ensure a tight and convenient fit. While some sandals can make your feet sweat, the design and material on these ones allow for fresh wear. They are also easy to clean should they get dirty.
While these shoes provide a soft base for your feet, they are also firm enough to provide sturdy use, often runners need a supportive shoe after running to help provide relief from achy ankles or arches. And, the PR Soles have just the right balance of soft and sturdy for optimal comfort. You don’t just want soft after running. Your feet need support to heal and that’s why the PR Soles design is helpful in after-workout recovery.
By no means are these sandals fancy looking but they definitely aren’t as displeasing as some other recovery sandals on the market. They provide a drama-free look while being super, du per comfortable.
They also provide that perfect amount of grip so that you feel very stable using them, no matter where you’re walking. If you want a pair of shoes to wear after marathons or long runs, these will provide you with the ideal level of comfort and squishy cushion you may need. Any runner knows how feet can feel after a long day beating the pavement. Blisters and aches can make walking feel challenging, until you put on a pair of PR Soles.
While they aren’t the slimmest sandals, they pack a lot of punch in a small package. Whereas some recovery sandals can be big and bulky and make it look like you’re walking on boats, these are slim enough to take with you. If you travel a lot, but always bring your running gear, these sandals will fit right in.
Designed by the company Gone For a Run, you will be purchasing from a family-owned business which are known for making honest products. If you’re looking for a pair of well-fitting, comfortable, affordable, and pain relieving shoes, the PR Soles are a great option.
- They are easy to clean
- They fit comfortably
- They provide acupressure effects
- They aren’t too expensive
- They aid in injury recovery
- Sizes run large
- They don’t last as long as they should
Why They Benefit Training And Injury Recovery
Before you commit to spending 20+ dollars on a pair of flip flops, you may be wondering if these are as helpful as promised. While it depends on your lifestyle and level of activity, the answer is yes. Following are some of the top benefits of using these cushioned flip flops for injury recovery and after training:
- Your feet have been through a lot on your run. They deserve a bit of a massage. These types of shoes provide your feet with acupressure, which is important for recovery. It helps your blood flow and improves circulation. If you’re someone with poor circulation who loves running, these shoes may be exactly what you’ve been hoping for. They can help to keep you running while providing the help that your feet need.
- They provide an even fit without you having to worry about where you’re walking. They keep your feet protected but go beyond just keeping them clean. They offer recovery benefits that could typically only be found in a foot massage. Unless you have a very kind spouse or bold friend, foot massages aren’t that easy to come by.
- After running, your arches and feet may be a bit sore—especially if you’re the type to run on pavement. Slipping on your regular pair of sandals may be rather uncomfortable, but you know that you don’t want to leave your tennis on. That’s where running recovery sandals can benefit you. They have cushion-like soles that allow that softness that your feet need but still offer support.
- Recovery sandals are lightweight so they make it easy to walk around after running. They feel like you’re barely wearing anything and are typically made from breathable materials to ensure that your feet feel fresh and light. After running, your feet will be tired. Many times, the best running shoes may be a bit heavy and your feet probably don’t want to wear anything heavy.
- It’s important to treat your feet well as a runner. Some problems may show up after some years of running, so to help combat them and keep issues away, consider recovery sandals. This will help them to recover after a running session and also ensure that your feet get the circulation they need. This will help you to be able to run frequently without having to worry too much about pain afterwards.
While these shoes are helpful in helping to keep your feet free from pain after a run and provide comfort and cushion for your sore feet, if you feel that you may have serious injuries, consider talking to your doctor.
If you have plantar fasciitis, these sandals can help to provide some kind of relief, but they aren’t specifically designed for this issue, so you may want to find similar ones that are.
Are The PR Soles For You?
So, you’re thinking about the benefits and you’re interested. You can’t say that you aren’t. You’re probably thinking about those times when you’ve gone running and felt like all you wanted was cushioning on your feet. With these types of sandals, you can have just that.
Before purchase, ask yourself the following question to ensure that you’re making the best choice for you:
- What matters more to you, style or comfort? Let’s face it, these babies are not the most stylish looking flip flops around. You wouldn’t want to go on your beach vacation sporting them. But, would you wear them after a run to provide your feet with some post-workout treatment?
- Have you found that your feet feel sore when you wear regular flip flops after a workout? If so, that’s because regular sandals typically require you to do the work of holding on to them with your feet. Your feet are already over worked and traditional flip flops won’t help. Consider using these sandals because they offer a firm hold that will provide your feet with the support they need while also being extremely comfortable.
- Do you have poor circulation? If so, these shoes could be a must-have for you. They are beneficial in helping your blood flow and that’s what your feet need after a run. If you’ve been noticing that your feet feel extremely sore and tired after a run, these shoes will definitely provide relief and benefits.
- Are you willing to spend more on your running gear? Do you mind spending a bit more than you have already on your active wear? While these are definitely not the same price as your average flip flops, they also provide you with benefits that your average sandals wouldn’t. Sure, 20-something bucks doesn’t feel that great when you’re staring at sandals in a box. But, then, wait—that glorious moment when you put them on your feet will be a feeling that you will want to relive again and again.
- Do you want to keep running for years to come? These shoes can help to make this possible by keeping your feet healthy and protected. They do a great job at helping your feet recover after a long run and marathon, so you may want to consider them if you hope to maintain your running routine for years to come. While some professionals may have professionals to provide them with foot massages, you can simply invest a few dollars into getting similar results—from a pair of shoes!
PR Soles Running Recovery Flip Flops may not be a fancy brand that you’ve heard of before, but they are top when it comes to comfort. Not every recovery sandal provides as much cushion and relief as these babies do, making them a perfect fit for the runner who wants to treat their feet to the best.
If you’re an avid runner who is concerned about your feet’s health, you may be interested in some recovery flip flops. They can give your feet all the spoiling and treatment they could be yearning for after a rough run. You know the feeling where all you want to do is get a massage after a run and these babies can give you that satisfaction.
While they aren’t the answer to serious problems, they can help to prevent issues by offering recovery benefits after a run or a marathon. The PR Soles are some reliable ones that will provide your feet with the cushion and acupressure that will change the way they feel after running.
The PR Soles don’t cost much more than any other pair of special sandals or shoes and they are some of the most comfortable recovery sandals around. Your running gear isn’t complete without a pair of recovery shoes and these are an ideal option. They work for those on a budget, aren’t bad looking, and are so cushiony, you’ll feel like you’re walking on clouds. Consider getting a pair for yourself to start the year off right!