From pain while running to poor circulation, sometimes you may wish that you could go through life without having to worry about dealing with issues. Going on long flights may be something you dread, even if you look forward to the destination.
Whatever the problem is or when you start to feel pain, having aches in your legs is no fun. If you have issues with your blood flow, you may be searching for something to help you out. A solution to your problem could be compression socks.
For those who run frequently as a hobby or their primary form of exercise, compression running socks can make a difference. If you’re someone who often has sore legs after running, you may want to find the best compression socks for you. They are also highly beneficial in aiding in recovery and will help you get out running in no time.
Our compression socks review will give you an idea of the top ones on the market and what to look for. Finding the perfect fair will help you to keep on enjoying your favorite form of exercise. Whether you’re looking for a pair for running or long flights, these are the top 5 that you want to choose from.
Our Top 5 Recommendations
Durable And Thick
4.5 / 5
Patented Graduated Compression
4.5 / 5
Compression Calf Sleeves
4.5 / 5
Highly Comfortable Option
4.0 / 5
4.0 / 5
Durable And Thick
Patented Graduated Compression
Compression Calf Sleeves
Highly Comfortable Option
1 – Zensah Tech+ Compression Socks
If you’re a person who loves variety, you’ll appreciate that the Zensah Tech+ come in a variety of colors, from black to yellow, red, pink, and more. Made from polyamide and elastane, they are definitely a dependable pair of socks for improving your blood flow. These materials also help them to last longer than most.
Because of the way that the Zensah is designed, they provide support to your lower legs, helping to relieve pain and keep your calves from cramping. They have a graduated compression, which means that you have more support in the ankle area. This is highly important in helping to keep your legs from swelling and encourages healthy blood flow.
The Zensah also have elastic bands around the foot which aids in providing your arches with support. Because this is a sensitive spot for runners, these socks can be extremely beneficial to use while running. They go up to just below the knees and can be worn during or after your daily run.
As a pair of lightweight socks, they are comfortable to wear. And, their moisture wicking and thermal regulating feature keep your feet dry and fresh. They are priced fairly for the support and benefits they offer runners.
- The multiple colors give you plenty to choose from.
- Their design helps them to provide more support than most socks.
- Their moisture wicking and thermal regulating keep your feet dry.
- They are fairly priced for the features that they offer.
- They have a decent level of thickness which helps them remain durable.
- The sizing is off which may make it difficult to find ones that fit well.
- The fabric is a bit rough which may not feel as comfortable as normal socks.
2 – Vitalsox: Patented Graduated Compression
The Vitalsox are an attractive pair of socks that will look good while helping you out. Made from a variety of materials, such as Nylon, Spandex, Lycra, and Drystat, they work well as compression socks, but are also breathable. You could also appreciate the fact that they have Silver infused, quick drying polypropylene which keeps your feet dry on the run.
The graduated compression is unique on the Vitalsox with it starting at your arch to ensure support for your plantar ligament. This design is created to ensure that you have the maximum circulation for painless running. They have a 4-way stretch which means that you’ll have consistent compression while using them.
They arrive freshly washed with a nice scent (if you’re not sensitive to smells). They can be used for anything from running marathons to gym, yoga, pregnancy, work, or even Cross Fit. The Vitalsox are also moisture wicking and temperature regulated to prevent bacteria and keep your feet dry. They are available in a large range of colors and they are priced inexpensively.
- They are made from quality materials that help to make them durable.
- The 4-way stretch is a convenient feature that provides consistent compression.
- They are reasonably priced which makes them an ideal option.
- The moisture wicking ensures that your socks will stay dry during your run.
- The materials and design are top quality making them a dependable pair.
- They are a bit thick which may make it hard for them to fit with every type of shoe.
- They may fit too long on some users making them an uncomfortable fit.
3 – Physix Gear Sport: Compression Calf Sleeves
If the idea of full compression socks for running makes you feel claustrophobic, you may like the idea of calf sleeves. These Physix Gear Sport sleeves are double stitched which helps to make them a durable option for months to come.
The base material is breathable which helps to keep them from getting drenched in sweat. The graduated compression design starts at the ankle and up to below the knee. This helps to ensure a comfortable fit that will provide you with the full support that you need.
These compression sleeves are easy to wash, making them an attractive buy. Some running compression socks wear and tear easily with washes. But, the Physix Gear Sport holds up with a nylon, spandex blend that promises durability.
- They aren’t too stiff making them comfortable to wear throughout the day.
- They are available in a variety of colors to suit your personality or outfit.
- They are highly affordable which means that you can easily get an assortment.
- They are effective in relieving pain while running.
- These sleeves are relatively comfortable to wear while active.
- They may feel a bit too tight for some due to incorrect sizing.
- The sleeves are a bit thin which could result in them deteriorating after washes.
4 – ADB Athlete
The ADB Athlete socks are highly comfortable. They have wider fit size options for those who may not fit regular sizes, reach knee high, and have cushioned toes and heel pads. The anatomical design allows for comfortable wear.
Made from mesh nylon, polyester, and spandex, the ABD Athlete is a temperature regulating option that will keep your feet fresh and dry. With a great cuff, these socks won’t slide all over the place while you’re using them.
Their moisture wicking ventilation means that you can use these beauties during the summer, as well as the winter. While they may not be available in as many colors as other brands, they are still stylish and attractive. You can choose from pink, white, grey, navy, or black socks to suit your style and preference.
- They are affordable, making them a great option.
- The materials used allow for breathability.
- They are durable even when washed often.
- These socks are effective in relieving pain while running.
- They are comfortable to wear throughout the day.
- Because of the shorter design, they aren’t the best for taller people.
- They can be challenging to put on which can be frustrating for some.
5 – Hofam Compression Socks
A very affordable option, the Hofam socks are ideal for those shopping on a budget who want something reliable. With graduated compression, they offer plenty of support in the ankle area. This is helpful, as the ankles tend to be a sensitive area that swells with poor circulation.
Made from nylon and silver materials, these socks are durable and keep moisture away. The reinforced heel ensures comfort and the no-slip cuff prevents the socks from folding or bundling. They also boast of a reinforced toe, for added comfort.
The Hofam socks aren’t slippery and they offer a good amount of compression for those who need a snug fit. While they aren’t the most stylish pair around, they don’t cost much and will help to keep pain away from your legs.
- They are very cheap making them a great deal.
- They are moisture wicking socks to help keep your feet dry.
- They provide comfort in sensitive areas such as the toes and heels.
- These socks have graduated compression with strong ankle support.
- They offer strong compression support for those who need it.
- They wear out quickly.
- These socks may feel too tight on some, especially those with larger calves.
What Are The Benefits?
The benefits of wearing running compression socks are many. If you find yourself dealing with pain from varicose veins, your feet swell after long fights, or you are an avid runner, you may appreciate how they can help. Following are a few of the known benefits of compression socks:
- They increase blood flow from the feet to the heart. Poor circulation tends to make your blood pool in your feet, causing swelling and pain. Wearing these types of socks can be beneficial in helping you to relieve pain associated with poor circulation.
- They can help you to recover faster from ankle, leg, or calf injuries. While they aren’t the answer to your injury problems, they can be beneficial in providing pain relief and promoting recovery for those who may have been injured while playing sports or running.
- They can help to keep healthy runners healthy. This means that they are beneficial in providing your legs and feet with the circulation benefits needed to stay protected from injury. They are helpful in keeping you feeling great during or after a run. They will also provide added support and comfort that will help to keep you from pain on the run. Whether you have arch problems or worry about varicose veins and other issues, these kinds of socks can aid you in staying healthy.
Who Are They Most Suitable For?
Many people can benefit from using compression socks. Whether you have a condition or not, these socks can aid in keeping your legs feeling healthy and supported. They are especially suitable if:
- You have a big trip coming up with several flights. Many times, those who travel often and for long hours will find that their legs swell up and ache a lot. This is due to poor circulation caused by sitting for long hours. If you know that you’ll be traveling soon, invest in a good pair of comfortable compression socks.
- Are you pregnant and find that being on your feet is just too much to bear? A pair of compression socks can be all that you need to relieve that pain. Pregnant women often have poor circulation in their legs and feet, which causes them to swell up.
- If you have varicose veins, you may discover how relieving these socks can be. Varicose veins are typically caused by poor circulation and anyone with a serious case will benefit from the relief provided by compression socks. They help to improve your blood flow, which isn’t only beneficial for pain relief, but also blood flow.
- Do you work at a job where you have to stand all day long? Many nurses and doctors who find that they have to be on their feet for long periods of time will often use these socks. Your feet can get tired after long hours of standing or walking and these socks will help to take some weight off and ensure that your circulation works well throughout the day.
- Do you enjoy running often? Compression socks can be the support you need to stay pain free while on the run. They can also be beneficial for you if you have had a recent injury and need some extra support for recovery.
Whether you’re a world traveler going on several flights soon, a pregnant mom who is tired as can be, or a runner with a couple of issues, compression socks can be exactly what you need. They provide pain relief, support, and improve blood circulation.
The above socks are all great options that are both affordable and durable. Whether you want to go with the full socks or calf sleeves, determine which ones are the best for you and your needs.